Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bring 'em down

About a month or so ago now we were having a normal day at Smile and I was working in the office. I kept seeing kids running behind the office, "The White House", I couldn't help but notice so I asked one of them where is everyone going, and a typical answer was the child laughed at me. I don't think he understood what I was saying....very normal for me as well! haha. I walked behind the office and they were cutting down the whole grove of trees! It now makes a big difference in the scenery! You can see for quite a distance and it looks more like Africa that way! 

The funny part of it was that EVERYONE, ran to see how, what, why, etc. they were cutting down the trees, staff included! It was great. Everyone just sat and watched the guys cut down the trees! Women were working by picking up the brush of the branches and needles! It was quite the event that lasted a couple days!

Staff and kids watching the trees being cut down.

Groves of trees that were cut down....they are ALL gone now.

Maria and I watching the show!

Simon going after my camera while trying to take this photo! haha.

1 comment:

  1. Why'd they cut the trees down?? Uffda they are CUTE!

    ReplyDelete