Sunday, December 5, 2010

Retreat- Are you Satisfied?

Student and I jamming out to karaoke in the cabin! I'm wearing an old Christmas sweater I found at Savers.
This past October I went on a weekend retreat to Luther Point Bible Camp with the Plymouth TreeHouse. It was an awesome weekend with nice weather and lots of fun with the students. 

Our theme for the weekend was: Are You Satisfied? What we meant by asking this question was where are you at in your life, either spiritually or not. Are you satisfied with what you've done, who you've become or are becoming? If you were to die tomorrow would you be happy with the way you've chosen to live life? Do you you know if you will go to heaven? So, as you read this I encourage you to ask yourself this question; Are you satisfied?

It's not supposed to make you feel bad if you aren't satisfied with where you are at, but to take a better look at the purpose of our life and what we can accomplish with it. It is also a good reminder that we can start new right now, and make the change we want to see. 

I will share with you my answer to this question. I would say that I am 75% satisfied with my life at the current moment. I have accomplished goals like graduate high school, graduate college, run a half marathon, develop solid friendships, grow in Christ, and impact others (that's a hard one to accomplish because you never really know if you do until someone tells you). But there is so much that I haven't done and I feel I need to continue to grow and DREAM big dreams because I'm not where I want to be in my career by any means, and I want to make a difference in a big way (not sure what that is yet). I've got a long way to go with growing in the Lord, I go in spurts of ups and downs. 

I wrote the bible study for this retreat and it was really fun thinking of questions but challenging and humbling at the same time because, I had to answer them myself. Remembering mistakes I've made and the person I was to who I am now is very interesting to think about. 

Before I send this I want to encourage you that if someone has impacted you or inspired you....Tell Them. What a boost of encouragement that is to each other!!!
The Leaders of the retreat in our lovely costumes right before the polar plunge into the lake, Oct. 25, 2010!!

No comments:

Post a Comment