Thursday, October 6, 2011

Life will be different

View from path in Minneapolis!
The past couple weeks have been busy, emotional, exciting and many other emotions. I've never felt so emotional in my entire life! As I have been preparing to leave I've been meeting with a good friend/mentor Tammy who has been helping me through the thoughts and expectations I have about going to a new culture/country etc. What will it look like? How will I react? What is my goal? What is my purpose in going? Many questions trying to remind myself of why I am going and what I will be doing. As I've been told it will be overwhelming to see all the different needs and the urge to fulfill all of them will be great, which is not possible from one person. If I tried I would just drain out and not be able to serve the full length of time
We then talked about the return to the states. How different my life will be when I come back?! What the grieving process might look like the many stages of processing the return. It is intense, to say the least. As I'm thinking of all these questions in preparation to leave and about my return home. It doesn't make me not want to go but...this WILL change my life. Stop. Think about that statement......What would that look like for you?


That statement is kind of intimidating. The unknown of it. And if you like control I'm sure you'd agree! The only other decision I've made that has changed my life was following Jesus. It's been an amazing journey full of joy, love, humbling moments, excitement, laughter, fun, and a deeper meaning to the life I live.
So, as I'm packing to leave in 3 days the excitement, anticipation, nerves and bittersweet feelings are all quite high. It almost feels like I'm standing in front of a brick wall. It's so high that I can't see over it or through it. But I know that one brick at a time it will come down and I will cross to other side never looking back at what was, knowing things will be different here on out
View from path in Minneapolis!

No comments:

Post a Comment