Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Snakes...

Well, I'm done with orientation and we are leaving tonight and will be in London for most the day tomorrow and in Africa Friday!!! How crazy is that?! So wonderful.
This has been such a great experience so far and I'm really only 3 days in. The preparation in the last several months has been stressful, time consuming and overwhelming. It was sad to leave my family and friends but to be honest I feel so much better now that this has really started! All of the paperwork for Africa, and wrapping up everything that needs to be done in my personal life before I go was STRESSFUL!! Who ever thought there was so much to do before you leave the country for several months! Not to hinder anyone who is wanting to go out of the country! haha.

I found some really awesome comfort the other night. There are a few things I've been a little fearful of in going to Africa. 1. Snakes ( I never want to see one...ever) 2. Home sickness are a couple. But, I was reading in Luke for part of a workbook we are to complete and in Luke 10:19 it says "I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you." Talk about affirmation, encouragement, and confidence building! Because I have the Lord in my heart and am walking with Him....HE gives ME authority to trample snakes!!! WOW!!!! And not just that but all authority in Heaven and on Earth has been given to Him so that too, is given to ME!!! WOW!!! This blows my mind and is hard to comprehend! 

Please take some time to think about that thought! What power and authority the Lord has He is doing that through us!!

Be encouraged today! :)

4 comments:

  1. Good word Leah! We'll miss you...have a great time! God bless your Travels and we'll be praying for you! So excited for you!

    Troy, Brit, Honor & Mazy Pants

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were blessed to have you at AIM. Serve God well and we'll be praying for you!

    -Ryan-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude (hope you don't mind if I call you that),

    Here is the verse I mentioned yesterday when we were talking about snakes. Psalm 91:13 "You will tread upon the lion and cobra, the young lion and the serpent you will trample down." It's actually a pretty fantastic psalm all around.

    I've been praying for your travels, and can't wait to read all about everything!

    Also, I appreciate Lecrae. Thanks for giving me reason to dance around for a minute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah,it makes me laugh when I read this. I am amazed when I read verses like that and it makes you think that it was written just for you so many years ago.

    You will never be outside the watchful care of our Lord. We are praying for you!
    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete