Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Big or Small it don't matter at all.


The baby room is where I have been helping the most the last few weeks because everything goes a bit smoother when there is 2 people, bathing, feeding and putting to sleep 8 babies. So when we arrive each morning we walk around the grounds of Smile to find the babies, or their siblings to tell them to bring their brother or sister to the baby room. We sit the kids outside and they eat their breakfast, porridge. While they eat we go fill up the jerry can with water from the showers or the well. When the kids are done eating we bath each one and Holly has been purchasing nappies (diapers) for the day babies which is so helpful because it would be even more chaotic if we didn’t have some type of diaper to use. Then they each get a clean piece of clothing to nap in and we put them to sleep. They all sleep on a grass woven mat on the concrete floor. They are usually so exhausted they fall right asleep.

This past Wednesday little miss Aluwa (Alouw) wasn’t not going to sleep so her and I had some good bonding time. I was sitting in front of her while she was laying down and she would put her feet up on top of mine and then I lifted my feet and she put hers to mine. Her small little feet to mine just touched my heart. She has two brothers John and Radio and they are like the three musketeers! So cute together, and her brothers take such good care of her.

I just loved that little act of her comparing our feet. She just smiled and so did I. True friendship. It was another precious moment I have had with these sweet little ones.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love those little feet. We just got done watching Jori and Ezra, and those were some of my favorite times, just cuddling/bonding before and after rest times. Soak it up!

    ReplyDelete