Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Faithfulness.

We traveled to Kampala  two weeks ago, to retrieve our passports because our work permits finally came through, Praise the Lord! We had a good time visiting our Central Region AIM office friends! We were even able to actually attend a Kampala Unit prayer meeting. We were able to rest, explore more of Kampala and enjoy the RAIN!!!

We got to experience, I think, the first large storm of the year in Kampala. It was amazing to watch. The wind was blowing so hard the sky was turning a burnt orange from all the dust being swept up off the ground. Then the dark sky behind the orange as the storm came through. We stayed with our Short Term Coordinator Cassandra and we had just made coconut curry so her and I sat on her balcony and even put SWEATSHIRTS on to enjoy the cool breeze and rain. It was such a blessing! My body is really heating up from all this warm weather and I am thoroughly looking forward to rainy season. Which who knows when it will come, the Ugandans keep telling me it will come, it will come. haha...that could mean April.

We arrived safely back in Tororo yesterday to dry, dry, grass and no rain:( But that’s alright we did get a little sprinkle. As I went to bed my mind was rolling over all the things I am waiting for. Waiting for: our trip to Kenya to visit the RVA school, Dad and Mom to come, find out if I made it into grad school, know what I will be doing when I get back, etc. I decided to read the Psalm of the day, Psalm 20. (I usually try to read a Psalm a day, they are so encouraging...I suggest doing this.) And among all the running thoughts and prayers this is what it said..

Psalm 20
May the Lord answer you when you are in distress;
may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
May he send you help from the sanctuary
and grant you support from Zion.

May he remember all of your sacrifices
and accept your burnt offerings.
May he give you the desire of your heart
and make all your plans succeed.

We will shout for joy when you are victorious
and will lift up our banners in the name of our God.

May the Lord grant all your requests.

Now I know that the Lord saves his anointed;
he answers him from his holy heaven with the
saving power of his right hand.

Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
They are brought to their knees and fall,
but we rise up and stand firm.

O Lord, save the king!
Answer us when we call!

This was such a reassuring message. God will continue to take care of me, he will give me the desires of my heart, he will grant all of my requests, and basically he will be FAITHFUL to all of his promises.

Amen.


Readers, be Encouraged today!

1 comment:

  1. I WAS encouraged by that, and needed it too! Thanks for sharing! God knows your worries and desires and He will take care of you! So cool that you read that while thinking all those things. Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete