Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dream come true.

This is where I was when these thoughts came...(it's edited) and it doesn't do justice to the sunset!
While I sat on our balcony reading I looked up and noticed the sunset and how BEAUTIFUL it was! As I decided to just sit and soak it up my ipod starting playing How He Loves- Kim Walker. I just sat and listened and was overwhelmed with the comfort, peace, joy, and love of our God. Here are the lyrics of the song:

He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane I am a tree
bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy

When all of a sudden I am unaware of these afflictions
eclipsed by glory, and I realize just how beautiful you
are and how great your affections are for me

Oh how he loves us so, Oh how he loves us
Oh how he loves us so

So we are his portion and he is our prize
drawn to redemption by the grace in his eyes
if grace is an ocean then we’re all sinking

So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss
my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way

He loves us!!! Oh how he loves us!!



And then it hit me....I’m in AFRICA. I know it sounds silly but if you look at the globe I am literally about half way around the world from my ND home. How in the world did this happen? How could a small town rural ND girl get to Africa to help these unwanted children? The only answer....Jesus.

This made me realize in a deeper way how much God really Loves ME! I told him that I’d like to go to Africa someday and thought it would be a fun place to be. To experience the world, to help, and learn. God made my dream come true!!

So just imagine your dreams...no really do it. Write them down, pray about them, ask God to help you fulfill them. If you are walking with Him and following his guidance in your life, He Will fulfill your dreams!! I’ve experienced it first hand.  Was it easy? No. I said I wanted to go, not realizing what I would need to sacrifice til I got here. Am I glad I did? Yes. Will it be hard? Yes. But God is comforting me daily through his word and these children.

I think it’s amazing to realize where you came from to where you are. Think about your own life. You may have started not finishing high school and now own a growing company. You may have gone to school to be a nurse and are running a non-profit. Its funny to me where God takes us in our lives. How he uses all of our life experiences to create the skills we need for the work he wants us to do in the future.

With that being said I don’t know what is next for me after these 8 months. I am hoping for Grad School, but I don’t know if that door will open or if there is more in store for me as a missionary. God only knows. But I’m willing to walk with him. I hope you are to because it sure is fun and exciting!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder that God knows the desires of our heart...and to dream big! We're praying for you daily and know God is taking care of you!

    ReplyDelete