Sunday, November 27, 2011

What happened to the water?


 I’ve  been told that the water will turn off here for about 24 hours and then come back on. So far, it hadn’t shut off at all and then on Saturday it shut off. It came back on Tuesday for an hour, luckily I was home to take a shower. I went to eat supper and the water shut off again. It was off through out the week until Saturday. So there wasn’t water for about a week!
I guess there was a pipe that had broke within the water line of the city. Since this happened I decided to conserve some tap water in big water bottles to use for boiling water in my hot pot for tea. I also boil water with my hot pot and then put it into our larger water bottles to use for brushing my teeth. Once the water is boiled it kills all the bacteria that will make us sick. Because we are at the hotel we don't have to go get water at a well or anything. And when the water is off for a good amount of time the hotel will fill up big jugs so we can flush our toilets or use it to take a bucket bath. I am so thankful for never having to worry about this at home!

We have a similar issue with electricity. I guess its not really an issue but more just the way it is. The power is on every other day, usually. Luckily at the Crystal Hotel, we are very spoiled, we have a generator so when the power goes out in the evening they use that to keep things going. If the power goes out during the day the hotel doesn't turn on the generator so then we are out too. It's really not that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment